Funeral arranger’s certificate
Being a funeral arranger and helping each family to devise the best funeral for each person is an incredibly important and satisfying role. Taught by award winning funeral directors, this 3-day course covers all you need to help a family arrange and organise a memorable and personal funeral, something to cherish. It is open to those working in and those wanting to work in the funeral sector, and to those who want to help with funerals within their community.
The public’s expectations of funerals continue to change, wanting more personal funerals, bringing new and urgent challenges to funeral arrangers to meet their needs, and tremendous opportunities to those who respond.
With an emphasis on working alongside and listening to a family to create a unique funeral according to their lifestyle, values and beliefs, this course covers all aspects of the funeral arranging process. You learn:
- to give information on the many choices now available clearly e.g. cremation and burial options, different types of ceremony, venues, coffins, transport etc
- to enable families to be involved in the preparations and funeral arrangements to the extent that this helps them,
- to make arrangements that support the ceremony,
- to listen and communicate well with newly bereaved families
- to understand and process the paperwork and deal with many different situations.
You will be able to inform, support and advise on all aspects of arranging a funeral. You receive a 100-page manual, something you can keep referring back to.
You have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the subject and practice the skills and resources necessary to be an excellent funeral arranger or adviser. Green Fuse founders Jane Morrell and Simon Smith, who are leading contemporary funeral directors and celebrants, and Steve Nimmo, are the principal facilitators.
This ground-breaking and practical funeral training programme is for you if you want to:
- attain best practice in modern funeral service;
- respond effectively to changing trends and challenges in funeral work;
- keep your company at the leading edge of customer service and trends;
- find work in the funeral sector;
- set up your own funeral company.
Experienced funeral director Allan James wrote
“I believe that I have benefited greatly and I have reviewed significantly the way that I carry out funerals in light of the course.” Alan James: Manager, John Edwards Funeral Directors
Come and join us
Please contact us on 01803 840779 or 07702167819 or via our enquiry form without obligation.
Go to next page – Funeral Arranger Course outcomes