Testimonials can be powerful marketing tools, and as such it can be useful to have them on many pages (and not just a testimonial page, which many people will simply not click through to).
On this page …
- Testimonials on your Green Fuse funeral celebrant website
- Types of testimonials and boxed testimonials
- Creating your own boxed testimonials
- Inserting a testimonial picture into your website
Testimonials on your Green Fuse funeral celebrant website
If you don’t yet have any testimonials of your own, your Green Fuse web site will come with some general ones under the heading … “What families say about funeral celebrants trained by green fuse”
While you continue to use these, it is important that this heading is kept in.
As you get your own testimonials, add them above the general ones, until you feel you have enough to remove the general ones all together.
If you have a Green Fuse funeral celebrant website we will convert two testimonials for free (as part of the price of your web site). And you can pay extra for more.
Types of testimonials and boxed testimonials
You can type your own testimonials anywhere, of course, and format them in different ways …
This one is indented and set to italics:
“That was brilliant, we are very happy with how you put it together, thank you again, we are glad the funeral directors sent you to us.”
Another way to have them stand out and be separate from the rest of the text is to have them inside a box, with other text wrapping round them as in this example …
While you can do this in Word, most web site editors do not allow you to do this. They usually only wrap text round a picture – not text in a box.
So the way round this is to convert the testimonial into a ‘picture’ (or jpeg file) which you can then insert into any page. Like this …
If you are able to do this yourself then great (see tips below).
Otherwise, for a small cost, we can create them for you.
Creating your own boxed testimonials
This is not straightforward, but some of you may be able to do this. Unfortunately, I am unable to offer further help with this process, unless you choose to ask us to create the box(es) for you. A useful source of help and guidance is to use Google. For example, how to change box background in Word. Or crop an image in Paint.
You will need: a program on your computer that can create “boxes” with text inside (Word will do this, as will any design program). You will also need a way of “capturing” the image of the box.
Creating the box
- Create the box
- Choose an appropriate border
- If required choose a background to the box
- Enter the text
- If necessary adjust the size and proportions of the box
Capturing the ‘image’ of the box as a picture
One way to do this (using a PC – i.e. not Mac) is the following:
- With the box clearly visible on your screen, click on the “Print Screen” or “Prt Scn” button on your keyboard (usually towards the top right – near the Insert, Home, Page Up keys). This will capture a ‘picture’ of your whole screen and place it into the ‘Clipboard’.
- Open a picture editing program (‘Paint’ will do – you should be able to find this from the Start button / All Programs / Accessories)
- Click on ‘Paste’ (this will insert the picture of your screen)
- Crop the image so that you have just the box. How to do this varies considerably in different programs, so I am unable to go into details.
- Save the image for inserting into your website
Inserting a testimonial picture into your website