Being a Funeral Celebrant is a very important and multi-faceted role which takes time to learn and to consolidate. You need the best possible training to prepare you thoroughly, because your very first funeral has to be excellent to meet the needs of that family. We supervise you through your first five funerals to ensure this happens.
We strongly believe that funeral celebrancy is not something that can be learned in a few days or on a correspondence course. It requires depth, thought, soulfulness and connection. You have time to practice skills. And this is why here, at Green Fuse Training, you will be taught by successful practitioners who have led thousands of funerals and trained over 600 funeral celebrants since we began training in 2008. We keep the groups small, a maximum of 8. And we train only 40 celebrants a year, to ensure quality over quantity.
Upcoming Funeral Celebrant Diploma Training Courses for 2020
Winter – Fully booked
Part 1: Thurs 16 – Sat 18 January
Part 2: Fri 17 – Sat 18 April
Venue: Riverstone, 18 Dart Mills, Totnes Road, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0NF
Summer in Sheffield
Part 1: Thurs 11 – Sat 13 June
Part 2: Fri 11 – Sat 12 September
Venue: The Heeley Institute, 147 Gleadless Road, Sheffield S2 3AF
“What makes our ceremonies different? The care, thought and depth of feeling poured into each funeral, to show love and give thanks before saying goodbye.”
We run most of our training programmes at our Heart and Soul Funeral Home in Devon, to give you a real feeling for working in funerals. But by popular demand we are now also running a programme in Sheffield. This is not something to learn in a weekend. Take your time so you can create wonderful funeral ceremonies. This fully accredited Diploma will challenge you and give you a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment.
Our flexible teaching utilises different learning styles and methods to give you the best learning experience: practical group course teaching; personal mentoring; distance learning; videos; written manuals and practical experience. You can begin learning for the course straightaway and tailor it to suit your timescale.
Our exclusive* Level 3 Diploma For Funeral Celebrants UK is just what you need if you want to take on the tender and soulful work of helping a family create a beautiful, meaningful and memorable funeral ceremony. Come and train with us to learn how to accompany a grieving family professionally, skilfully, thoughtfully and with kindness.
You will learn to listen deeply to what each family wants, write an accurate and beautiful funeral ceremony, and with the help of a voice coach and a ‘presence’ workshop, you will become skilled to deliver this with warmth, authenticity, ceremony and calm reassurance.
Funeral Celebrant Training Fees
Your course fees cover everything you will need to train as a celebrant, including:
- 5 days’ face-to-face teaching in small groups of up to 8 people;
- OCN London Level 3 Diploma accreditation;
- Our comprehensive Celebrant manual;
- Our anthology of words and poetry;
- Feedback on assignments from your personal tutor;
- Supervision for your first five funerals;
- Membership of the Green Fuse web based network;
- Your details on our celebrant website and,
- Membership of the Green Fuse Guild;
- A range of materials and templates to help you with your marketing;
- Furthermore we market Green Fuse celebrants to the funeral sector.
“What I love about this job is that we can follow our hearts and give over and above what is expected . . . Green Fuse changed my life.”
- Over 600 Funeral Celebrants trained since 2008;
- Emphasis on the importance of ritual, ceremony and beauty in funerals;
- Personal tutoring & mentoring through your first 5 funerals;
- Small groups of 8 people during the two training sessions;
- Total immersion training at our training centre & funeral home;
- Career Guidance & Marketing Assistance for all new celebrants;
- Nationally recognised Level 3 Diploma accreditation;
- Excellent and comprehensive course manual and anthology of beautiful words;
- Personal development element to help you be the best funeral celebrant you can be;
- Specialist workshops on ritual, voice, singing, presence and presentation;
- A behind the scenes trip to the crematorium so you know the truth;
- Active online Green Fuse community for unlimited ongoing support;
- Time to explore your own feelings around mortality and bereavement.